[Click HERE for MP3 Audio Recording]
Main Texts: Galatians 4:1-7 & Romans 8:1-17
Results of Christ’s Resurrection
- The Overrule of Sin within You
- Through payment for sins and our being declared right with God through faith (Romans 4:25; 8:1)
- Through rebirth and Life in the Spirit (John 3)
- The Overrule of Death (physical and spiritual) by the same Spirit that raised Jesus
- Follow Flesh = Experience of spiritual death in real time
- Follow Spirit = Spiritual life (life and peace) in real time
- The Establishment of Heirs as adopted “Sons”
- Through the Spirit within, which leads us to cry out to God, our Father
- Through gifts received by Christ’s ascension (Ps. 68:16; Eph. 4:8)
- Realized by those who follow the Spirit instead of the letter of the law or fleshly thoughts and impulses.
“Since you live by the Spirit, walk in the Spirit.”
Hebrews 10:19-25 (NASB)
19 And so, dear brothers and sisters, we can boldly enter heaven’s Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus. 20 By his death, Jesus opened a new and life-giving way through the curtain into the Most Holy Place. 21 And since we have a great High Priest who rules over God’s house, 22 let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ’s blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water.
23 Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. 24 Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. 25 And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.