Followers of Lamb’s Haringer will recall many posts over the last 2-3 years, which call for a reformation of pastoral, professional ministry. For too long, American Christianity has followed the model set forward by Europe and Rome concerning professional clergy… a thing Jesus and the Apostles never demonstrated. The error has led to:
- Denominations, Bible colleges and universities as centers of spiritual authority and sociopolitical influence above the local church
- A resultant looking to credentials & experience as the determining factor in choosing church leadership, rather than emotional, relational & spiritual maturity.
- Lording over God’s heritage
- A consumerism in church-goers and marketing (branding & traffic creation / maintenance) by leaders.
- A dearth of spiritually mature Christians from quenching and grieving the Spirit (the One who directs and empowers His gifts to the Church)
- A love/service of money &/ or notariety (power/influence) among “men of God.”
I merely call for a reformation of that corrupt model in exchange for the biblical one, as is detailed in the posts below:
The Book of Micah (See esp. Part 2)